When you think of New Orleans, you think of Cajun seafood dishes and this one will not let you down. Served over lettuce or a stand alone dish, this Shrimp Remoulade recipe will surely stand out.
- 1 bunch green onions chopped fine
- 2 stalks celery chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch parsley, stems removed and chopped fine
- 1/2 cup creole mustard
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp. Tabasco
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste, and pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 4lbs shrimp, boiled and peeled
- 1 head shredded lettuce
- Place chopped onions, celery, garlic, and parley in a ceramic or glass bowl.
- Add creole mustard, paprika, horseradish, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Add red wine vinegar and gradually add olive oil while whisking.
- Fold in shrimp and let marinate several hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Serve cold over shredded lettuce.
This recipe comes from the kitchen of Galatoire’s Restaurant. This is considered a Sugar Busters recipe, but no one will ever know.
You can skip the lettuce and use it as an appetizers with toothpicks.