We were at a friend’s house and they had an appetizer that got our attention. It was tasty, spicy and refreshing. This is the original recipe, we tweaked a few things for our taste and will update this post after our next party.
- 2 bottles Louisiana Brand cocktail sauce
- 1 can diced Rotel – drained well
- 1 med onion, chopped fine
- 4-6 Serrano peppers, chopped fine (use gloves to remove seeds)
- 1 bunch cilantro- leaves only -chopped (I used parsley instead)
- 2-3 pounds boiled shrimp ( I boiled in crab boil) – if large, chop
- 4 avocados – cut in bite size pieces
- Mix all ingredient’s together except avocados. cover and refrigerate OVERNIGHT. Add the avocados about 2 hours before serving.
- Optional – Add a couple of shots of tequila before serving – serve with chips or crackers Makes about 8 cups (a lot!)
Be the first to comment