Here in New Orleans we try to add flavor to everything, even simple things like saltine crackers.
When you taste it you may say that not hot, but wait… a small hot train will catch up with you. the only way to say ahead is to eat more.
- 1 Box of mini saltine crackers – 11 oz box
- 1 cup Canola oil
- 1 Package Dry Ranch Dressing mix, 1 oz dry weight
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Place crackers into a large Ziploc bag.
- Mix dry ingredients in the oil in a small bowl.
- Pour seasoning /oil mixture over the crackers in the bag. Seal the Ziploc bag and toss the crackers until they are evenly coated.
- Leave them in the bag for a day or so tossing and flipping the bag a few times a day to make sure they are well coated.
- Transfer the crackers to an air tight container.
These crackers are better if you let them sit in the air tight container for a day or so, but it is hard to do that. When you taste these you will think that are simple crackers, but there is a nice warm flavor that will keep you wanting more.
If you wanted a little more heat, you can increase the last 2 ingredients to:
- 1.5 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1.5 tsp Cayenne Pepper
It doesn’t sound like much change but there is.
Be the first to comment