I saw the way the caramel was made on one of Guy’s Grocery game shows and had to re-watch this segment again and again, but in the long run it paid off.
We now can make caramel from nuts and dates! It took a few times but we now have it down. Now cooking! no sugar!
- 1 cup of dry roasted salted cashews
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- Dark Chocolate melting waffers
- Sea Salt
- Raspberry extract
- Place the cashews in the food processor and chop then till they turn to powder
- Drop the dates in one at a time with the food processor is at full speed
- Add a small amount – a dash, a few drops of Raspberry extract
- Run the food processor for 5 minutes to combine
- Drop the mixture on to greased parchment paper and form in to a square about 3/8 in thick
- Wrap the square up in the parchment paper and cool in the refrigerator.
- Once cooled, cut into 3/4″ by 3/4″ squares.
- Heat the chocolate using the directions on the package
- Fill the candy molds 3/4 way with chocolate then add a little sea salt to each
- Place a piece of cut caramel in each hole and push down, then cover it up with the extra chocolate
- Place in the refrigerator till hardened.
We worked the recipe a few time till we got it right. Every one how has tried them loved them.
Please make sure you let other know this is made with NUTS!
Be the first to comment