This dish evolved from having too much sauce from another dish and deciding on what to do with it. Well it was Family tested and Family approved.
- 16 oz. angel hair
- 2 stick butter
- 2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound thinly sliced white mushrooms
- 4 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Seafood Magic or Creole Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 2 pound Louisiana peeled shrimp, seasoned with light dusting of Creole Seasoning (you can substitute raw, crawfish tails or crab)
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoon prepared Horseradish
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Lea & Perrins
- 2 teaspoon Crystal Hot Sauce
- 2 cup Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Add green onions and mushrooms and saute 2 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the mayonnaise.
- Simmer for 3 minutes then slowly stir in Mayonnaise.
- Cook until Mayonnaise is heated through.
I found that we needed to thicken this sauce a little and that can be done with a little corn starch.
Things you learn as you go. Use a LARGE Skillet. The 12″ one may not be large enough. We ended up using a 14″ pan that we picked up from Sam’s Club.