We found this recipe on Facebook and we wanted to give it a shot. Being from South Louisiana we couldn’t just do Chicken sausage, so we tweaked it with smoked sausage and shrimp.
- 12 oz. angel hair
- 1 lb. smoked sausage cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 1 lb. peeled raw shrimp
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. sliced green onions, plus more for garnish
- 1.5 tbsp. Cajun seasoning divided
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 c. Grated Cheddar
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair according to package directions.
- Season raw shrimp with 1/2 tablespoon of cajun seasoning.
- In a large skillet add sausage and cook until seared, 5 minutes, then push sausage to the side.
- Add butter and let melt, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Add green onions and cook until soft and fragrant, 2 minutes more. Stir until combined with sausage.
- Add shrimp and cajun seasoning and paprika and stir until combined, cook about 3 minutes.
- Add white wine and heavy cream and let simmer until thickened, 5 minutes.
- Add Parmesan and cheddar and stir until melted and creamy, then add angel hair and toss until completely combined.
- Garnish with more green onions and Parmesan and serve.
This quick recipe was OSOO Good. We also garnished with fresh diced red tomatoes for color.
For a quick of the original recipe click here