Also known as Seafood salad, this recipe is simple, full of texture and flavorful.
- 1 Pound Imitation Crab Meat
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Celery
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/8 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/8 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs White Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Celery seeds
- Salt to taste
- Chop crab meat into small pieces, 1/2 inch squares or so, set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl except crab meat until mixed.
- Add the crab and fold in gently not to break to many pieces.
- Refrigerate overnight.
I find that when you taste the completed mixture you will have a strong vinegar taste, but after it sets over night, it will be just right.
There are many variation you can do with this recipe, here are a few:
- Add boiled shrimp
- Stuff tomatoes or Avocados
- Add boiled corn
- Shred the crab and use it in a sushi roll
- Serve with Ritz cracker
- Stuff in a pistolet
- Add a little hot sauce to spice up life
This a great base for almost any cold seafood dish!