I watched this recipe some time ago and Rooney wanted to make it. In doing so we found a few things we did differently than what is on the video. Everyone has their own twist, but here is ours.
- 4 oz butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minces
- 1 (8oz) package of baby portabella mushrooms chopped
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 lbs peeled crawfish tails
- ½ tbls Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbls fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 – 10 ½ oz cans creams of mushroom soup
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz lasagna noodles, boiled in salted water for 9 minutes
- In a large pan melt ½ stick of butter; sauté onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic
- Add mushrooms cook longer
- To sauté mixture add Cajun seasoning, rotel tomatoes and crawfish. Sauté 20 minutes
- To mixture add softened cream cheese and parmesan cheese. Cook until thoroughly mixed
- In a separate bowl mix havarti jalapeno cheese and mozzarella – set aside
- In another bowl mix chopped parsley, dried basil, cream of mushroom soup blend well – set aside
- Spray bottom of 9X13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Take some of the juice from the crawfish mixture and cover the bottom of the baking dish, then multi-layer and divide equally over that juice in this order – noodles, mushroom soup mixture, crawfish mixture and cheese.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes.
This recipe works well to fix and cook ahead of time and then reheat.
Cajun Ninja is a location guy from Houma, we really enjoy his recipes.