- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 112 Ib. grated Cheddar cheese
- ¼ lb oleo or butter
- 1 can (13 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Ib. white crab meat
- 1 cup onion, chopped fine
- Saute onions and celery in oleo or butter until onions are wilted.
- Blend flour in well with this mixture.
- Pour in the milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Add egg yolks, salt, red and black pepper; cook for 5 minutes.
- Put crab meat in a bowl suitable for mixing and pour the cooked sauce over the crab meat.
- Blend well and then transfer into a lightly greased casserole and sprinkle with grated Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375° F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown.