This recipe came from “Sam the Cooking Guy’s” YouTube channel. It was post for Mother’s Day 2021 and I knew I had to make it.
I made it once for my family and then it was requested for the Christmas morning treat. Going forward beyond 2021 I think it will now become a Christmas staple.
- 2-16.3 oz Pillsbury Buttermilk Grand Flaky Layer biscuits, (8 biscuits)
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries, small berries if you can find them
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 stick melted butter
- Powdered sugar to make it pretty
- Preheat oven to 375 deg
- Butter Bundt pan really well
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl, set aside
- Place about 1/2 the berries in bottom of pan
- Separate biscuits – dip in lemon juice, then in sugar mixture and stand then up on their sides on the blueberries in the bottom of the pan – I ended up using only 16 biscuits.
- Scatter remaining berries on top – but push some of them through into and between biscuits
- Brush the top or the biscuits with remaining butter.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes, or until brown and firm to the touch
- Let cool for a few minutes, then loosen edges carefully, put a large plate on top and turn over.
- Let cool about 5 minutes, then dust top with powdered sugar
Made with refrigerated biscuits and frozen blueberries – this simple crazy little ring is so tasty you will need to make it yourself!
Take time to watch the video, There is a leftover recipe when you make French Toast with the blueberry ring.