This is one of the best and easiest pork loins.
- 7 to 9 lbs Pork Loin cut into thirds
- All Seasonings (McCormick)
- Creole Garlic marinade (Cajun injector)
- Rub the pork with the All seasonings and inject with the Cajun Garlic marinade. Wrap in plastic and let it rest in the refrigerator at least 3 hours (overnight if you have the time)
- Build your fire in the Green Egg to have flames over the grill 400 to 500 degrees.
- Remove the pork from the plastic wrap and place on the grill so the flames lick the pork. NOTE: rotate the meat so the flames get all sides. Do this for approx. 12-15 minutes or till the outside gets a good toasting without burning.
- Remove the pork and set aside. Set the Green Egg up as an indirect cooker and reduce the temperature to 300 degrees, return the pork to the grill, fat side up .
- Continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches the desired temperature. I target 140 degrees so I pull it off at 135. The carry over cooking will continue.
- When temperature is reached, remove from the grill and tightly wrap the pork in aluminum foil and let them rest for a minimum of 1 hour, then serve.
- I have found that on the Green Egg the total cook time is 1:15 for the center to reach 135 degrees
- If you are not planing to serve them on the same day, when you pull them off and wrap them up you can wait a little longer before refrigerating them.
Be the first to comment