Simple and had to try myself and these are light and fluffy.
- 2 cups Self-Rising Flour (Sifted)
- 1 to 1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
- Bench flour
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream to the flour and fold gently
- Add more as needed to get a crumbly mixture, not too wet
- Flour your work surface and pour spoon mixture on to the surface
- Gently flatten the dough to a sheet about 1/2 in thick
- Use a cuter to cut the biscuits to the size you like
- Place on a cookie sheet with sides touching (this help the rise)
- Brush a little heavy cream on the top of the biscuits
- Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes
- For flaky biscuits press the dough a little thinner then flour the top and fold over, and press down to 1/2 inch and repeat twice. then cut the biscuits to the shape and size you like and and everything else is the same.
- You can also add herbs and other spices you elevate your biscuits from standard biscuits to a dinner biscuit. Such as cheddar cheese, garlic, thyme, everything bagel seasoning.
This recipe came from the Hillbilly Kitchen YouTube channel.