- 1 small clove garlic (or 1 tsp minced garlic)
- 3 cups (or 3 big handfuls) baby spinach
- Bread (I used asiago focaccia from panera)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Pepper jack cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 heaping tbsp sour cream
- large pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- Splash of olive oil
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add spinach leaves and saute until wilted. This should happen quickly. Spinach just wilts in a hot pan. Remove spinach from skillet, place in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Spread each slice of bread with a bit of cream cheese. You don’t need much. We’re using it as edible sandwich glue.
- Squeeze or press as much liquid as possible out of the canned artichoke hearts using a paper towel.
- To the bowl of sautéed spinach add, jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, chopped artichoke hearts, sour cream, sriracha, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Top two slices of bread with spinach and artichoke filling. Make sandwiches with the two remaining slices of bread.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add sandwiches and grill until each side is golden and the insides are melty warm. Serve immediately.