This is a simple recipe, but sometimes simple is good.
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup Prosciutto
- 2 cups fresh Pea’s
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Using a medium pan, add the oil, and garlic and onions, Saute for 2 minute or until the onions are translucent.
- Remove the garlic and add the Prosciutto, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pea’s and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the chicken stock and cook for a few minutes to a simmer
- Salt and pepper to taste.
We are from the south we use country ham in place of the prosciutto. One day I will have to pay the price to see the difference. You can also use bacon, because everything goes with bacon.
This is a recipe from the Restaurant Rao’s in New York