- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbls all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tbls snipped chives
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and mustard until blended; gradually stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in the cream and chives.
- Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings
I usually double the recipe for dinner.
When I make it, I quadruple the recipe, it’s good to have leftovers.
Be the first to comment