I don’t know what we do wrong, but I will have to check. NOT that it’s a bad thing, but when we make this dessert it makes 3 pies.
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 2 (3.4-oz.) packages lemon instant pudding mix
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (9-inch) ready-made graham cracker piecrust
- Thawed frozen whipped topping
- Garnish: crushed lemon drop candies
- 1. Whisk together evaporated milk and next 2 ingredients in a bowl 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- 2. Beat cream cheese and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add lemonade concentrate, beating until smooth; add milk mixture, and beat until blended.
- Pour into crust.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or until firm.
- Dollop each slice with whipped topping.
- Garnish, if desired.
- This recipe comes from the August 2010 issue of Southern Living
- For a homemade look. Freeze crust for five minutes, and then slip it into your favorite pie plate before adding filling.
Be the first to comment