Simple but very tasty! I follow Seonkyoung Longest on Facebook and her recipes look tasty. and this one was right up my alley. I changed it a little to fit the size of our available packaging.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 Tbs cornstarch
- 3 Tbs water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Pour chicken broth in a pot; bring to boil over high heat.
- Combine cornstarch and water.
- Beat the eggs and add salt and pepper, set aside.
- Pour cornstarch water into boiling soup, while string. Bring back to boil.
- Stir boiling soup one direction to create a little ‘whirl pool’. Carefully pour beaten eggs into boiling soup while stirring.
- Count 5 seconds. Gently stir soup into same direction.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring back to boil and remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and serve warm.
Yes this is very easy and very tasty. I did have a little issue with the corn starch lumping up but I was told after to blend the corn starch with hot liquid rather than cold. I could also try to pour it in slower.