- 1 – 12oz bag of cranberries rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup green onions minced
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, cored, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 – 8ox packages of cream cheese
- Rinse, drain and pick over cranberries (discarding all that are soft or bruised)
- Place them in a food processor
- Pulse until finely chopped but not mushy
- Place crushed cranberries in a bowl
- Mix together with onions, jalapeno peppers, sugar, cilantro leaves, ginger, and lemon juice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours so flavors develop
- On a serving plate, place cream cheese; cover with the dip.
- Garnish, if desired, and serve with crackers