We visited Brennan’s for breakfast and had this punch and wanted to re-create it our selves. We looked on line and found a few recipes but they did not taste just right. We made a few tweaks and ended up with this recipe.
- 1 oz. Brandy
- 4 oz. Half and Half
- 1 oz. Simple syrup
- 1/2 oz. vanilla extract
- Freshly grated nutmeg for garnish
- Combine brandy, heavy cream, simple syrup, and vanilla extract in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and pour into a chilled old-fashioned glass. Garnish with nutmeg.
- Chill all ingredients to keep everything cold.
- The recipe originally called to shake with crushed ice, but with room temperature Brandy all of the ice melted and made the drink watery.
- We will try using half & half to see if we can reduce the calorie count. Will report after thanksgiving.