We started grilling pizzas for lunch here at GrillGrate HQ a while back. The barbecue pizza was hardly a stretch for us- we always have some leftover bits of smoked meat from the weekend. This recipe is a grate way to use up those leftovers and you still get to use your grill! I chose to use The Shed’s BBQ Sauce because it had just become available in our local grocery store and we love to support our friends!
Makes Two Pizzas
- 2 pack Mama Mary’s Thin and Crispy Pizza Crusts
- 1 healthy pound of pulled pork (chicken will work fine as well)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce (we used The Shed’s brand)
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- Preheat your grill to 500F (400F at the grate surface)
- Remove the pizza crusts from the packaging and spray one side of each with some pan spray
- Place the crusts onto a pizza piel
- Spread the BBQ sauce evenly on the pizza crusts
- Sprinkle the pork over the BBQ sauce
- Sprinkle the cheese over the pork then add the green onions
- Transfer the pizzas to your grill and close the lid, check after five minutes
- When the bottom of the pizza has some nice grill marks (not too dark) rotate it 90 degrees, check again after 5 minutes.
- Rotate 90 degrees and remove from grill once cheese is melted.