- 6 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 tsp almond extract, divided
- 2 tbsp plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Additional confectioners’ sugar
- Cut out bread slices with a heart-shaped cookie cutter; discard trimmings
- In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, milk and 1/2 tsp almond extract.
- Dip bread on both sides in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter
- Cook bread hearts for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- For almond butter, in a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and remaining butter and extract; mix well
- Sprinkle French toast with additional powdered sugar
- Serve with almond butter and strawberries