This is one of the featured desserts on carnival cruise lines. If you ask they will give you the recipe. But if you talk with the chef’s they will share a few secrets. See Chef tips below.
- 6 oz. Dark Chocolate
- 6 oz. Butter
- 4 ea. Eggs
- 6 oz. Sugar
- 2 oz. Flour
- Melt the chocolate and butter
- Mix the eggs and sugar and whisk for a few minutes, add flour
- Add the egg mix to the melted chocolate and mix
- Pour the mix in a greased mold
- Bake directly in the oven at 390F for 14 minutes
Serve with ice cream and fruit garnish
- Make sure that the eggs are at room temperature and the chocolate is warm enough while making the mixture
- Mix slowly to minimize the amount of air in the batter.
- Let batter rest over night in the individual serving cups.
- Use a water bath when cooking.