- 1 – 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 slices bread, white or whole wheat
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp butter, optional
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar, sifted
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon
- Mix until smooth
- Spread one side of each slice of bread evenly with the cream cheese mixture
- On the cream cheese side of four slices of bread, layer with some sliced strawberries evenly over the surface of each slice
- Top each slice with a remaining slice of bread, pressing the cream cheese side down onto the strawberries.
- Press together gently to seal berries inside sandwich.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs and milk
- Mix will and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Spray a large baking sheet lightly with cooking spray and place in oven
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray or melt 1 tbsp butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip strawberry sandwich into the egg mixture, turning to soak each side
- Place soaked sandwich in the hot skillet and cook on each side until browned
- Remove sandwich from skillet and place on baking sheet in warm oven and repeat until all sandwiches are cooked
- Just before serving, cut each sandwich diagonally, top with remaining strawberries and sprinkle with 2 tbsp powdered sugar
Be the first to comment