- 3 cups White Lily Self-rising Flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh Rosemary leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 teasp. seafood magic or your favorite Creole seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (you may need a little more)
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk together to blend well. Make a well in the center and add 1 cup heavy whipping cream and fold into the flour mixture. Add the remaining cream a little at a time until you achieve a moist but firm biscuit dough….just until the dough holds together.
- Place dough on a floured surface and pat out (using your fingertips) into a large rectangle. Fold one third of the dough onto the center and overlap with the remaining third of the dough as if you were folding a business letter. Turn dough over onto floured surface and pat out again into a rectangle and repeat the folding process. This time pat the dough out into a one inch thick rectangle. Using a large, sharp, floured knife, divide dough in half horizontally. Now Cut the biscuits into desired pieces to equal 12-14 equal pieces.
- Dust off excess flour from the bottoms of the biscuits and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush tops of biscuits with a little more whipping cream and season with fresh cracked black pepper if desired.
- Bake in a 375* oven until a golden brown. Approximately 14 to 16 minutes.
These biscuits can be use as a base for a few different items.
- Seafood Shortcakes with warm Remoulade Sauce.
Be the first to comment