Maple Bacon Carrots are a perfect combination of salty and sweet with crispy maple bacon wrapping a tender cooked carrot.
- 2 pounds carrots, less than ½ inch thick, peeled
- 1 pound thin-sliced bacon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the uncooked bacon on a baking sheet.
- Cook the bacon for about 10 minutes. Take out the bacon and place it on paper towel to drain before wrapping around the carrots.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 400°F.
- Once cooled, wrap one slice of bacon around each carrot (starting at the thick end of the carrot). When wrapping bacon, be careful not to overlap the layers.
- Arrange the carrots on a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the carrots are tender.
- Remove from the oven and carefully glaze all sides with the maple syrup.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
This recipe came from Facebook: